I made a doll blanket and taggy for Elizabeth & Grace (to play with with their dolls). (It also will match the babies.) The back of the blanket has the soft white fabric. I am saving it for when the baby comes. This one is Elizabeth's.
This one is Grace's.
I also made a purse but I didn't like the way it turned out. It looked okay but was way to big. I guess that is what happens when you design it without using a pattern. It takes a few tries to get it just right. I am just burned out with the whole idea and I am going on to other projects.
I think I have set a bad precedent for myself. I keep trying to out do what I made the week before and now when I am getting a little burned out it is coming back to haunt me. I guess I can't always be as inspired as I was the week before. I found myself feeling bad by the end of this week because I hadn't sewn as many things as I have previous weeks. I also have to admit that I enjoy showing people what I make and seeing their reactions. Some of that is because it is very hard for me to impress Jon with what I make. He usually just shrugs his shoulders when I show him something and doesn't say anything.
No comments:
Post a Comment