We have had an interesting couple of days. On Sunday morning there were cops block off our street. We found out later that day that there had been a drive by shooting. The duplex next to ours was shot at (the house was shot at). No one was injured in that shooting but there was another one earlier in the morning in our neighborhood and 2 people were shot (with no life threatening injuries). We also found out it was gang related. So we are worried about our kids playing outside now. For now they are not allowed to play in our front yard. It makes me want to move!
Yesterday was not a very good day either. Our air conditioning stopped working on Sunday evening. The kids had really messed up the house so I had to get it presentable enough before we called anybody (on Monday). By the time it was clean enough to call our landlord it was over 90 degrees in the house and I had very swollen ankles. After we cleaned up Joseph flooded the bathroom. He had left the water on and closed the door and didn't realize it was locked by the time we got the door open it was flooded. After I cleaned that mess up, I went upstairs and made the kids slushies. As I was taking the blender off the base I accidentally turned it on and covered myself, the freshly cleaned counter and the floor with cool aid. Before I had a chance to change my clothes my landlord showed up to see what was wrong with the air conditioning. It was just one of those days.
We finally have a working air conditioner. They weren't able to fix it until this morning (Tuesday).
Goldsboro Stake YW Camp 2016
8 years ago
:( hope today is better!
ReplyDeleteI had a pretty good week besides monday.
ReplyDeleteHope next week is better...especially with the shootings. That sounds scary!
ReplyDelete