Family Picture

Family Picture

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Sewing Projects

Here are my sewing projects for this week.
My friend Mary was very sweet and gave me a bassinet and a car seat. I am very grateful because we are so tight and I didn't know if we would be able to afford to buy a car seat before I have this baby and bassinets are nice to have when the baby is little. So I made a sheet for our new bassinet. I have 2 more cut out and will try to finish them this week. I just used the sheet that was with the bassinet for a pattern.

Here are some mini-burp clothes I made for the girls dolls.

Some more crowns that I made for gifts.



I made 6 doll blankets with pillows for gifts and of course my girls each wanted one so I let them each pick one.



Grace has a birthday party this week so she will be taking one of these doll blankets with her for a gift.












I made this vest (to match Samuel & Joseph's vests that I made awhile ago) for the baby. Hopefully it fits alright because I had to make up some of the pattern. I found a pattern that had an outfit with a vest attached but I didn't really like the outfit so I made my own pattern piece for the back. It certainly didn't come out perfectly but I think it will be usable. I still need to either make or buy a shirt and pants to go with it. I couldn't find a pattern in the right size for the baby so if I do make a shirt and pants I will have to alter a pattern I found to the right size.








I made 2 more car caddies for gifts. Elizabeth went to a little boy's b-day party this week so we gave him this with some hotwheels cars. I made the other car caddy for my friend Mary's son. She had told me her son would really enjoy something like that and she does so much for me that I love doing things for her family.

































I also have another rag style receiving blanket and burp clothes all sewed together and I just need to cut around them. I got distracted with another project last night (the bassinet sheets) or I would have finished them already.









1 comment:

  1. I really love seeing all of your sewing projects. You are so talented. I especially loved your stuff you sewed for the baby. :)

    ReplyDelete