Family Picture

Family Picture

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Baking Cookies!

Although it is difficult for me to resist eating to many cookies when we make cookies, I made cookies with the kids last Sunday. My kids love it and they still really crave the sweets I usually have around a little to much. I was proud of myself I only ate 2 cookies. Making cookies together is a tradition we have so I have still been making them (not quite as often). More like once a week and we save some for family home evening on Mondays. I can tell my kids have been missing the sweets because they have been getting more excited than usual about making and eating cookies. (We made peanut butter cookies last Sunday.)


This week it really hit me that I only have a month to go until I have this baby. That is probably is because I had a night where I kept getting painful contractions that kept waking me up. The contractions have also been more painful this week. (I usually get lots of contractions for the last 3 months of my pregnancy.) Jon says it looks like I have dropped. It sure feels like it. This week anytime I sit for very long at all I can hardly walk when I get up. My hips and sciatic nerves hurt. It takes me about 5 minutes of standing until I can walk normal again. I have to hang on to walls and furniture in order to walk. It is getting frustrating. I sure hope that it isn't this way for the rest of my pregnancy. So needless to say I am in preparing for baby mode. I have a list of things I would like to get done before the baby comes and have started working on it.
Jon has been having trouble with his allergies this last couple of weeks so he hasn't felt very good. Today his eyes were really swollen when he woke up. He has been taking a lot of allergy medicine and has had to call into work sick a couple of times. Hopefully this week he will be feeling better.
The kids will be starting school this Tuesday and are very excited to start!

This past week some of the things we did was. I took the kids to Foster Arrend resevoir to go swimming with my friend Mary and her kids.. They have a small beach area just for swimming. (I know it's not the "real" beach but it will have to do since we don't live in California:) The kids really enjoyed it and didn't want to leave when it was time. For me I was definately ready to go. With four children who haven't had swimming lessons it really stresses me out and I can only handle it so long. We also went to our park group this week although there weren't very many people there because it had rained earlier in the day. I just needed to get out and the kids needed it too. I have really enjoyed going to park group this summer because it has really helped me to get to know more people from church and the kids have loved it too. Last night we went out to eat as a family at the mall. I know that doesn't sound very exciting but lately we don't out to eat much because we can't afford it. So it was a treat and it was nice to spend time as a family. Afterwards we went to the bookstore and looked at books. Well I guess that is all for now, my kids are hungry so I better go take care of dinner.

1 comment:

  1. Ann, I feel for you. Those last few weeks are utter torture, but I think they're supposed to so that you stop caring if you're nervous for a new baby and just want the baby to be out of your body. :) Good job on only 2 cookies! If you were me with my last pregnancy, I went into labor with Jason when I was 36 weeks, 6 days. Has your doctor said anything about inducing you early yet?

    ReplyDelete