Family Picture

Family Picture

Monday, July 5, 2010

Sewing Like Crazy!

Here is Elizabeth's new skirt I made to go with her cape. I got the pattern for the girl's skirts online I can email you the directions if you would like them.
I had to make batman and superman capes while I was making capes. These are actually reversable, with batman on one side and superman on the other side.

Here is the birthday cape I made. I used a coloring page for the pattern (for the cake). Here is the link for the cake: http://www.freeprintablecoloringpages.net/samples/Birthday/Cake_With_Three_Candles.png

I made 2 jeweled crowns for the girls. I figured if I was going to sew crowns I had to make some that looked like a real princess crown. It took a long time to sew on all of the jewels.



Here is Grace's new skirt that I made to go with her cape.



Here is Joseph's cape.






This past week was a busy week. I sewed 4 more capes, 2 more crowns and 2 skirts to match the girls capes (I sewed like crazy again). I got a lot of laundry done and did my grocery shopping. We picked up a small kids pool for the kids to swim in and they spent hours playing in it. We didn't do anything to exciting for the fourth of July. We just hung out at home and tried not to get to hot. Jon was off this weekend so it was nice to have him around more. On the days he works it seems like I hardly see him because he runs before or after work for about an hour or two (about 10 miles on an average day). Today I did some mending for my friend and also some for us too, including sewing on patches for the boys cub scout shirts. I tend to procrastinate when it comes to mending, so it was good that I had some to do for my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment