We have had a very busy couple of weeks. I guess that's just the way Christmas time is. I think this is the first Christmas in years I have really enjoyed the season. Not that I didn't enjoy parts of it at other times. I think this year I was able the focus on the Savior a lot more. I didn't have unrealistic expectations like I usually did other years. I was able to enjoy some traditions with my family like baking cookies without over doing it by making a bunch for friends and family. Not that I didn't want to take them something but I knew that would be to much for me. I was still able to do something for some of my friends. I made some simple bell ornaments (just a bell with a bow on it). I enjoyed making them and didn't stress myself out about it.
On Christmas Eve I quickly read the kids the story of Jesus's birth out our Children's New Testament Stories. Which was all I had time to do. Jon had to work on Christmas Eve and Christmas (in the evening). I am grateful I took the time to read to them because that is important. Then after I fed William I read the story of Jesus's birth in the bible. I still had a lot of presents to wrap and spent the rest of the evening doing that and taking care of William.
Christmas morning we had fun opening our presents. (Jon was too tired to wake up for that but the kids had fun showing him their presents when he woke up.) I have to say we have been really blessed this year! We were blessed with enough money to buy gifts for our family. Not that we haven't had gifts other years but this year I knew the money was there and I didn't have to stress out about having money for gifts. The best gift for me this year though wasn't under the Christmas tree. It was feeling truelly happy! I feel the best I have since starting my battle with depression (which started after I had Joseph and he is 9 now). It has been a miracle! I went being at the worst I've ever been 2 years ago to feeling completely healed. Moving to Rochester 2 years ago was really good for our family. I still have my little battles with my moods but I have learned how to fight them. I want to thank my friends and family for their love and support! Without you I don't know how I would have gotten through everything I've been through.
Goldsboro Stake YW Camp 2016
8 years ago
Good for you! I'm so glad everything is looking up for you. Thanks for sharing your ups and downs. I sure have learned a lot from you through your blog and e-mails.
ReplyDelete