Family Picture

Family Picture

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Busy!

I've been trying to figure out why I haven't had time to post on my blog. I finally figured it out, we changed from 9am church to 11am church on Sundays at the begining of this year. (I usually post on Sundays.) I love not having to be to church as early but that also means I have less time to do other things. During the week I'm usually to busy to have time. I guess the whole five kids thing keeps me to busy :)
We are all fine here. I've been busy crafting as usual. I forget how much time taking care of a baby can take and attempt too big of projects. So my goal this week is to scale back some on the size of my projects. With that being said I am planning on canning spaghetti sauce this week. Yes, I'm crazy. I did call for some backup and since my mom can't be here to help a sister from church is going to come help me. The reason I'm actually making it is to save time on meals and for food storage. I would just buy canned spaghetti sauce but I wind up adding more spices because I don't like them and it does save money to make my own. I would just freeze it but I don't have much freezer space.
I have been trying to come up with ways to make meal time go more smoothly. Besides doing the spaghetti sauce I am planning on canning my chili and enchilada sauce (not all at the same time). I am also going to make up the dry ingredients for waffles, muffins and biscuits. If you have any other ideas for things to save time and money on meals please let me know. I have been doing some freezer meals also but I am limited on space in my freezer. Those freezer meals that I have made up have really been helpful.

1 comment:

  1. Do you make your own enchilada sauce? I'd love the recipe if you do.

    ReplyDelete