Family Picture

Family Picture

Sunday, October 3, 2010

William's Birth


Where do I start? It's been a busy 2 weeks (obviously). I guess I will start with Monday (Sept. 20th). I went to the doctor monday afternoon and he scraped my membranes. Later that evening I went into labor. I started getting some hard contractions after dinner but they weren't very consistant so I went down to my craft room and did some sewing. When I finished that I realized I was probably in the first stages of labor but not quite ready to go to the hospital. So I decided to pay bills in case I was in labor it would make things easier for Jon. (We got payed that Tuesday.) When I finished that I started timing contractions and realized I better call someone to watch the kids. By the time we had someone here to take care of the kids I knew we better hurry and get to the hospital. On the drive to the hospital my contractions seemed toget closer together. We drove to the wrong hospital first because I didn't realize labor and delivery was at different Mayo hospital. Then when we got to the other hospital we couldn't find the enterance. When we finally got to the right place they took me straight up to labor and delivery. I was at a 7. I was afraid I wouldn't get my epidural soon enough but I did. I got there around 11:00 pm and had William at 12:40 AM.
William is a good baby. He is definately a hungry baby. For the first week he was eating almost costantly. I would nurse him well and then he'd fall asleep for 15 minutes and wake and still be hungry. I took him to the doctor on Monday and he has gained weight fine. He suggested that I try to stretch his feedings out more and said it wouldn't hurt to give him a bottle once in awhile. That was a relief! I was going nuts, I couldn't hardly take care of myself because I was feeding him so often. Luckly this week I have been able to get him on a better schedule and we feed him a bottle maybe once a day.
The rest of the kids are doing well. They are really enjoying William. Although I was afraid Grace was going to have a hard time (with having a baby brother). Within less than an hour of me getting home from the hospital Grace went into her room and cut her hair. She now has bangs. That first day she also told me to put William in his crib. For the most part though she has done pretty well.
The special diet I was on for the gestational diabetes has paid off. I've lost almost 30 lbs. and now weigh 25 lbs. less than I did before I got pregnant. So for all my complaining about the diet it was a blessing. I now realize that I have more willpower than I thought I did.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your new little cutie pie. His pic is so cute! I'm glad you were able to lose so much weight. That is great!

    ReplyDelete