Family Picture

Family Picture

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Saturday Bike Ride

Here is one of the things I made this week. I made myself another skirt because I needed more Sunday clothes and helped my neigbor sew a skirt for her daughter. I've also been working on a fairy costume for Elizabeth but it's not quite done. Besides those things I made some curtains for my friend, a doll blanket and a really easy shirt for Elizabeth's friend (it was her birthday). This week I've been kind of burned out on my stamping projects. Of course I don't get burned out on sewing quite so easily. It is my passion! I decided to take the kids to the park behind our apartments so that they could ride their bikes. Their new friends came with us. Joseph has been struggling to adjust to going to school again. So I told him he could pick an activity to do as long as he hurried and got ready for school yesterday. I've been explaining to him how important school is and why he needs to know the stuff he learns in school. Hopefully he will understand it better soon.









Today I've been busy straightening my house, washing laundry and vacuming. Just doing those things has caused me to limp around the house. My sciatic nerve tends to hurt when I do alot. I think picking up toys also makes it worse. Anyways I was hoping to catch up on some more dishes but it doesn't look like that is going to happen.
On Thursday night Jon & I went out on a date! That was the first time we had been out on a date without kids in the last year. We do try to do things when the kids are asleep but it's not the same. We went out to eat at the Olive Garden and went on a nice walk down a trail near town. (My sweet neigbor watched the kids.)
I packed a few boxes earlier this week. I suppose next week I really will need to get to work on my packing.

No comments:

Post a Comment