Well another week has passed. This past week I didn't get any packing done. My apartments had another inspection and so I was trying to get the house clean for that. That was the 3rd or 4th inspection they have had in the last 2 monthes. Needless to say I was irritated. I had really wanted to get some packing done. I didn't even get my house that clean for the inspection. I managed to stress myself out to much and so I didn't accomplish much. This week my goal is to pack more boxes and not stress myself out to much.
Last week for family home evening we had a lesson on education and why it is important. (Since my kids have been complaining about going to school.) I think it went fairly well. We also had parent teacher conferences this past week. Elizabeth's teacher said she knew alot of what she needs to. Which made me proud of her. I always worry that keeping my kids home from preschool will leave them at a disadvantage. I just feel really strongly that I should keep my kids home because it is important for them to have that time with mom. I also found out that she likes to be stubborn. (Well I already knew that.) Her teacher said she has gotten better with that since the beginning of school, thankfully. Her teacher said that she is very good about being nice to the other kids. She doesn't just stick with one group like most girls tend to do. This made me proud because I have tried to teach her that it is important to be nice to everyone.
Joseph is doing really well in school. I think our family home evening lesson helped him understand how important school is.
Samuel is doing okay in school. He does need some help in reading and math. So he will be attending the after school academy for reading and math. I was frustrated with this because he won't be getting home from school until after 5:30 (Mon.-Thurs.). We won't have much family time with him during the week. Apperantly he doesn't qualify for help during school. I suppose that comes from beng in a large school district.
I did do some sewing this week. I finished Elizabeth's fairy costume, but I was disapointed with the way the wings came out. I don't really want to have anything to do with that pattern again because it was one frustration after another. In other words it wasn't a good pattern. I'm not even sure if I'm going to have her wear her costume. I could redo the wings but I've lost patience with that costume, so I may just have her wear something she already has. Besides her costume I made some pillow cases. I made one for Samuel and one for Joseph. They will be for Christmas. I'm going to also make pajama pants to match them. I may include pictures later.
Well I've got to run and get the kids off to school.
Goldsboro Stake YW Camp 2016
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment