Samuel, Joseph and Elizabeth's Lego creations. Can you see the kitchen and tables and food?
William is finally crawling on all fours.
William's new favorite thing to do walk (with support).
This boy is a cruiser and he took his first steps about a week and a half ago.
I've been getting to busy to post on our blog lately. So here is what is new (besides William taking his first steps). Elizabeth had a really bad ear infection and she may have perforated her ear drum. She was sick most of the week before and I took her to the doctor on that Friday but they couldn't find anything wrong with her. Then by Saturday she was in a huge amount of pain even with two pain medications. So I took her in on Sunday and she had an ear infection.
We had a hot week with the heat index at 110 degrees. So we either stayed in the house and the kids played or one of the days I took the kids swimming with a friend of mine. That is something I have not attempted for quite some time since my kids are not swimmers and taking 5 children swimming just freaks me out. Things actually went very well. I left William home with Jon. My friend helped watch the kids, but my older kids did pretty well since they are tall enough to walk around the shallow end and I had them stay together in the shallow end (they had to have a buddy). Grace played in the kiddy pool and I enjoyed talking to a grownup.
When my mom was here she helped me set up a budget on the computer. I have tried to budget before but not ever been very successful. I guess my heart wasn't in it, I guess I am a free spirit and the whole budget thing made me feel pinned down. Anyways I was struggling with the whole idea of it even though I wanted to do it. So I was praying about it and had the inspiration come to me that without a law there can be no happiness. In other words if there aren't any rules there can't be a right or wrong. So if I wanted to be happy about finances I needed some rules. That was just the inspiration I needed. So I have been using our new budget for a month now and it has been great! I am feeling so happy about our finances and we have been able to save money pay off more debt.
Well I need to go make dinner now so that's it for this week.
Thanks for posting about your budget inspiration. That concept can be applied to so many things in life and it is just what I needed to read this morning.
ReplyDelete