We've had a lot going on, as usual. It is hard to find time to post on my blog. My Sundays fly by so quickly and that's about the only time I can find to post. Our laptop died and so I have to go downstairs to use the computer which is hard because I usually fit in computer time when I'm getting kids to bed and they sleep upstairs.
Happy Mother's Day to all of you mothers and mothers at heart out there! I really appreciate my own mother and mother-in-law they are such great examples to me.
We are trying something new at our house. We just started having family council on Sundays. Our church recomends that we hold family councils ( family council is basically a planning meeting for families). Anyways we haven't ever tried doing this because Jon works every other weekend. I decided that we should try to do it whether or not Jon is home. At first I didn't think it would help our family all that much but from the first time we held family council I have noticed a difference. Things have run much more smoothly and I have felt more harmony in our home. It makes me feel like our family is working towards a common goal. We have been planning our meals and the kids get to help pick the meals, planning chores and schedule. We also plan one goal a week, (usually this is my goal or focus for the week like laundry or dishes). I am not a very schedule and planning kind of person. I like to be spontaneous but this has made meals go so much smoother. I have tell you that I already have a testimony of family council just from how it has blessed our family since we started holding it, I just wish we had started sooner. If you are looking for more harmony and peace in your home you really should try having family council.
Well it is late and I need to get to bed so I guess that is all for tonight.
Goldsboro Stake YW Camp 2016
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment