Family Picture

Family Picture

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Update

It's been another busy week. I did alot of sewing again and also got a major project done. The kids toys and games were all mixed up and needed organizing. So I got them organized and taken out to the shed (This was not an easy accomplishment, it took me at least 7 or 8 hours to complete the project.). We only keep a few of their toys out at a time. Then if they want to trade for different toys they have to clean up first. For my sewing I sewed 3 capes and 3 super hero headbands. I also had a friend come over and I taught her how to make the super hero headbands.
The boys also had their cub scout day camp this week. They had a great time. Joseph had such a good time and he thought he got to go again this year. I had to explain to him that it was only once a year.
We also had more tornado warnings and flash flood warnings this week. Luckily both of them didn't hit us here in Rochester. (We did get alot of rain.)
With the kids home all day right now I have been trying to get them more involved in cleaning. The boys do better than the girls. The charts we have for them does help. When they fill them up they get prizes. When I first started doing the charts Samuel was the only one who got really excited about it. He has completed 3 charts already (which is about a month each). They get month prizes and weekly prizes. Joseph and Elizabeth have both finished one chart now. Now all the kids love filling up their charts. Some of the things I have the kids help with are: loading and unloading the dishwasher, clearing and washing the table, lots of straightening the house, taking out the garbage, making their beds, and sometimes moping, vacuming and sweeping. It definately takes longer to get things done with the kids helping but I feel like it is important to teach my kids to work.
We miss our families especially right now because they are having family reunions that we weren't able to make it to. We hope you all have a great time and know that we wish we could have been there to visit. We love you all!

1 comment:

  1. You are amazing, I hope you know you are a fabulous mother and wife. We miss family reunions as well, that is the beauty of your blog and all the other family blogs we can keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete