Family Picture

Family Picture

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Super Hero Headbands

My obsession this week has been making these super cute "super hero headbands". I found the pattern online and decided to make them this week. I have been sewing every spare minute I have. I made 7 of the headbands and I have more that are already cut out. I just love simple projects like these that are for the kids. I also love how sturdy they are. My kids love to dress up, so these are perfect for them.
Here is the link for the pattern if you are interested:
curlypops.blogspot.com

Then just look for "super hero headbands".
Just so you know, if you are going to make these she has you print the pattern on longer paper than usual so if you don't print it on that kind of paper you will probably want to add more length so that they fit better. (I had 4 cut out before I realized that they wouldn't be long enough for some of my kids, so I had to add on to them.) Also for the stars she just has you iron them on. I sewed around the stars so that they would stay on better.





I made the headband with the cupcakes for birthdays. I thought it would be fun for the kids to wear on their birthdays. (I am making a more masculine headband for the boys to wear.) I am thinking of making a skirt to match the star headband for Grace. I think the stars and stripes would look cute together.


















































No comments:

Post a Comment