Family Picture

Family Picture

Friday, January 15, 2010

I think I Can!

So I am trying something new this week. I am telling myself that "I love to dishes, I love to do laundry, I love to clean my house!" This is me trying to have a better attitude about those things. I am hoping that eventually I will really believe it or it least not dread it so much. My sister told me that it's not lying to myself, it is positive reinforcement. Whatever it is I am trying it.
As I have been trying to tell myself that I love doing dishes and all of that, I have started to see some things that I do like about cleaning. I love the feeling of accomplishment I get when I finish something. I love listening to music while I work and talking to friends and family while I work. I love working with my family.
I have really struggled with having a desire to clean for a number of reasons. One thing I have learned about myself is that if my heart isn't into something then I don't want to do it and I really struggle with it. I put my heart into everything I do. It is painful for me to do things if I don't believe in what I am doing. With four children at home the house will always get messy quickly and it has been difficult to fight a losing battle. When I truelly believe in something I jump in with both feet and fight to the end. So hopefully I can find more meaning in my household chores. Besides my positive reinforcement I am also going to break things down into smaller jobs and pray that Heavenly Father will help me find more meaning in what I do.
Here are Grace and Elizabeth helping me with my mountain of dishes.
It is so hard to get the kids to look at the camera at the same time!
Here are some hot pads I made today. I needed more hot pads so I figured I could make some myself. Sewing was my reward for my hard work on the house.









2 comments:

  1. I understand exactly what you mean about cleaning. I have a hard time pushing myself to start the day, but once I get started it's not too bad. Saturdays and Sundays the house is always pretty messy since our whole routine is thrown off with errands and Church. Monday is the hardest time for me to remind myself "I think I can" too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pics of your girls! I've been reminding myself of that good feeling I get when the house is all clean and I can finally RELAX--for an hour! It has been helping. Goodluck!

    ReplyDelete