Here are some more hot pads that I made.

I was making some hot pads for my mom also and I stopped to make dinner for my family. I managed to burn myself in the process so that when I went to sew again my blistered hand hurt to much to get much sewing done. I just thought it was ironic I burned myself so then I couldn't make the hot pads. And no, a hot pad wouldn't have prevented my burn, (it was from hot oil I
should have used my
tongs when I was putting something in the pan.) Don't worry my burn wasn't to bad I just got a couple of blisters on my fingers.
Here is one of my moms hot pads. I took a couple of pictures of how I made it so my sister could see how to make some for herself. If anyone else wants to use this idea feel free too.


I zigzagged around the edge of the front piece and the batting. Then I quilted it some (just using the pattern of the fabric, you could also just do your own pattern like squares or diamonds). Then I put the back piece of fabric on the back and folded the edges over like you would a quilt and sew it up. The front piece and the batting were 7in. by 8in. and the back piece was 9in. by 10in.
This was the method I liked better because I don't like having to turn things inside out and all of that and I don't like using binding because it never looks very good and I don't like sewing by hand unless I have to.
No comments:
Post a Comment