Family Picture

Family Picture

Sunday, October 25, 2015

Update


I am sitting here in my backyard enjoying the beauty of another fall day which the Lord has blessed us with. My yard is overgrown with weeds and has children’s toys and things spread thru out the backyard and yet is still beautiful. Maybe because of its imperfections it is more beautiful. It has been awhile since I have spent much time outside besides the everyday rush to the car and to do errands. I am so grateful to be at a place in my life where I can appreciate this beauty. Even just a year ago I wasn’t able to appreciate this beauty. All I could see is that winter was coming soon and dreading it. I have suffered from depression for the majority of my adult life and it has made it hard to appreciate the beauty of everyday life. It has been a battle that has brought me to my knees and made my cry unto the Lord to ease my suffering. Even though it has been a very difficult trial for me to bear, I have been given strength beyond my own as I have learned to rely on the Lord for comfort and strength. He is the only one who can help us thru the darkness of our trials. I have learned that I don’t need to be perfect now. I can just do my best and keep putting one foot in front of the other and when it seems I can’t go on, that is when I need the Savior the most. He is there to carry me and help me to go on. I still battle depression every day but I have hope and I am more able to appreciate the blessings in my life. I am finally on a medication that is helping and I feel okay. I can drive my daughter to school and notice the beauty of a fall day. I can stop and play a game with my son and not fill guilty about the dirty dishes in my sink. The Lord has been good to me. I am sure that I will probably always battle the depression and have trials but I know that I am not alone. Jesus Christ has suffered for my sins and has suffered everything I have and everything you will suffer. I know that the Savior loves each one of us and he wants us to be happy. He can give each of us strength beyond our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment