Family Picture

Family Picture

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Visiting Teaching Letters Sept. 2015

I have decided that I would share my Visiting Teaching letters with you. I have 22 ladies that I mail letters to for my visiting teaching route. I want to share this with my friends and family because I have been blessed by this opportunity.

September 2015

          I hope this letter finds you happy and well. It has been a busy month for me. I have 5 kids and 4 of them started back to school this month. I am struggling to get accustomed to our new schedule.  Thru my struggles I have also been blessed with guidance and love from our Savior. He gives us weaknesses so that we can learn to rely on him. In the Book of Mormon it says:
 “And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them. Ether 12:27”
I have been learning to do better with my schedule by choosing 3 priorities a day (not huge ones). I have learned thru the years that I have to pace myself. The Lord doesn’t require us to run faster than we have strength. In the Doctrine and Covenants it says:
 “Do not run faster or labor more than you have strength and means provided to enable you to translate; but be diligent unto the end. D&C 10:4”
Making dinner every night has been a struggle for me lately, but I have found if I plan ahead and prepare ahead of time (by gathering the ingredients or cooking parts of it) that I am able to be more successful. I have and do slip at times but in the grand scheme of things it doesn’t matter. Heavenly Father still loves me no matter what I do.
President Uchtdorf said: God loves you this very day and always. He is not waiting to love you until you have overcome your weaknesses and bad habits. He loves you today with a full understanding of your struggles. He knows of your remorse for the times you have fallen short or failed. And still He loves you. He wants you to achieve your destinyto return to your heavenly home in honor.”

In January this year I was thinking about setting goals but I am always hesitant to do this because of the many times I have failed while trying achieve those goals. Then I read an article in the January 2015 Ensign (which can be found on lds.org).  It was called THREE WAYS SETTING GOALS CAN BE DIFFERENT THIS YEAR”. It is a wonderful article that reminds us that even if we make mistakes we can still pick ourselves back up and try again. I know that when you struggle Heavenly Father will be there for you and love you. In the name of Jesus Christ amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment