Family Picture

Family Picture

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Skirts and Snow in May



We had a Stake Relief Society activity where we made skirts, hair stuff and blankets to donate to various places. I got to be in charge of the skirts. I came up with a pattern and got things set up for the skirts. I was surprised at the turn out for the activity we had over 150 women. When I saw how many were there I knew we were in trouble because we had maybe 6 or 7 tables set up (for all of the activities). So while they had some speakers me and a couple other ladies set up more tables and we managed to get things ready in time. Once all the ladies came in it was just a whirlwind and they basically took over and got things rolling. 14 skirts were finished and a lot more were taken home to finish. I have 4 to finish still. I really enjoyed it. We had quite a few requests to do that again. 
Here are the 2 examples I made.

 This is what we woke up to last week. We had 15 inches of snow in MAY!!!! This was so wrong. Our weather has been crazy. We have 80 and 90 degree weather forecast for this coming week and we just had snow a little over a week ago.






No comments:

Post a Comment