Family Picture

Family Picture

Monday, May 14, 2012

A walk to the park

I was finally feeling better from the cold and cough I had on Friday so I decided to take the kids to the park. I love having older kids to help take care of William at the park. The boys are especially good with him.

I have been planing on starting a new routine to help me keep on track with things. The illnesses going around our family the last couple of weeks just threw me off.  I am going to try it again this week. I am just not a schedule oriented person so I have to be careful about how I do that. I do still need some structure and so do my kids. I have been pretty down lately because of everything that has been going on and I'm hoping getting a routine going again will help. Another thing that should help also is my mom is going to be coming for a visit next month. I am really excited!
I have been praying about what I need to do to take care of my family and myself and have felt like I need to have faith and just do what I know I should be doing and serve others. Another thing I have felt like I need to do is to write down things that I am thankful for. So here are some of the things I am grateful for:
Today especially I am grateful for my wonderful mother. She loves me and is the most loving, kind and considerate person I know. She is one of my best friends and has been for as long as I can remember. I can tell her anything and she is always there for me. She is a great example to me and when I grow up I want to be just like her :) When I was a little girl and was upset about something she would always come and find me and help me feel better. She taught me by her actions that one of the most important things you can do for your children is to love them and show your love for them.

In Relief Society today we talked about our mothers and we also talked about what we love about being a mother.
One of my favorite things about being a mother is watching my children learning. I love seeing my children making good decisions and standing up for what is right. I am really enjoying watching William at the stage he is at and all the new things he is learning. My children are such a blessing to me! I love seeing the world through their eyes.

I am grateful for my mother-in-law. She is a wonderful example to me. She is also one of my best friends. I really enjoy spending time with her. She has taught me a lot. When She and my father-in-law came for a visit last fall I realized how much I had missed her and love her. It all hit me when they got here.

I am grateful for wonderful sisters. They are all great examples to me and they are also some of my best friends. (I know how many best friends can a girl have? I guess I am just really blessed.) Jeannie has always been someone I looked up to from the time I was a little girl to today. We think a lot a like and I can relate really well to her. She is also a great mother! 
I love Lucinda's passion for life. It is fun to listen to her talk about things that bring her joy like riding her bike, skiing, camping and knitting. She is one talented girl! She is also a wonderful aunt and she is great with children. It has been fun to see her play with my kids.
Emily has always been there for me. I love how confident she is. She is a great mother and is wonderful with children. She is amazing with her autistic daughter!

I am also grateful for all of the other wonderful women I know. I have been really blessed by women who have served me, been examples to me, been my friend and mothered me.

Happy Mother's Day!











 The kids riding home from the park.

I made some yo yo flowers this week and taught Elizabeth and Samuel how to make them. They are super easy to make and they are a perfect project for kids to sew. The other great thing is that I really enjoyed making them so it's a great way to spend time with my kids.
Joseph modeling the flower that Samuel made:)


 Elizabeth with her flowers she made and the one Samuel made.
 My new apron!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your inspiring post, you are an example of pressing forth and being mother in Zion. Thank you for your strength and faith.

    ReplyDelete