It's been a busy couple of weeks. The kids were off for spring break. Grace got stitches on her forehead. I was really sick with some kind of flu bug the first day that the kids were off for spring break. William had an ear infection. Anyways I am finally taking the time to post.
The reason Grace got stitches is because she tripped and fell on the bench. The blood was literally pouring out on her forehead. It really freaked us out. It ended up being deep enough that I had to take her to the ER and she got two stitches. That happened not long after our Easter Egg hunt that we had the day before Easter. Her forehead is healing pretty good now. If you look at our Easter pictures you can see where her stitches are.
I really enjoyed General Conference a couple of weeks ago. (General Conference is meeting for our church that includes everyone in our church all over the world they have a live broadcast). The week before conference at church we talked about ways we could get more from conference. One thing that really stood out to me was to write down some questions you want answered. I did that and I really got a lot more out of conference. I usually feel the spirit during conference, but this time also felt like Heavenly Father was speaking directly to me. I just really felt Heavenly Fathers love for me and that he is aware of the difficult things I am going through right now.
Jon has been dealing with another relapse with his arthritis. We are worried because he has missed so much work from his arthritis that now they have to take disciplinary action. They have really been great working with Jon and his arthritis. I think most places would have fired him a long time ago. He has missed a huge amount of work in the last year because of his arthritis. What the disciplinary action means is they can post his job and he could get layed off. They will probably try to place him somewhere else, but really we're not sure what is going to happen. Please keep us in your prayers.
Lately I have been struggling because I have a difflicult time dealing with stress. It has been a very stressful year with all that has been going on with Jon's health. I have been working on finding ways to deal with the stress and find a balance. I am going to try to get more exercise. We are signing up for the YMCA. We were able to get a scholarship so we can better afford it. That will be good because not only will I be getting exercise it will also give me a much needed break from the kids (they will be in child care). It has been hard to get a break from the kids (especially William because he requires more attention) because Jon hasn't even been feeling well enough at times that he can take care of the kids. I have also been trying to write down things that I am grateful for in my journal when I am feeling down and that seems to help. Really I am doing okay I just have to take things one day at a time. General Conference really helped give me the boost I needed to get through things.
Goldsboro Stake YW Camp 2016
8 years ago
I haven't commented before but i wanted to tell you that your not alone. My husband was forced to quit his job two months ago because of carpoltunnel and he also has artritis. He couldnt help with chores or the kids it was hard for him to pick up a glass of water. It was crazy hard but the lord has provided in ways we never thought possible. Hes a lot better now that his body is not under the same stress that he had at that job. Although he still has a long road hes now able to do a lot more. You will be blessed. Keep up the good work. You are watched over and Heavenly Father knows you and will help you. I Started asking for my doubt/fear to be replaced with hope/faith and its helped a lot.
ReplyDeleteThanks Heather,
ReplyDeleteThat must be tough! My husband also can't help with kids or chores when he's feeling bad. He tried sweeping the floor one time when he was in a lot of pain and he couldn't even finish. We have been really blessed also. Thanks for nthe support.